The Agency shall have the following objectives
- Create conducive environment for the full exercise of freedom of association in accordance with the stipulations of the FDRE Constitution and international agreements ratified by Ethiopia;
- Ensure maximum public benefit by supervising whether organizations carry on their activities in accordance with their registered objectives;
- Build the capacity of organizations to enable them to accomplish their objectives effectively;
- Foster the culture of philanthropy and volunteerism in the society;
- Encourage and support organizations to make sure that they have internal governance systems which ensure transparency, accountability and participation;
- Put in place mechanisms to strengthen positive working relations between organizations and the government;
- Support the civil society organization self-regulation and self-Administration system.